Focus accurate and fast your telescope using our powerful Motor Focus Kit v2. This high resolution geared box has a 0,06 degree step size can can easily lift more than 6 Kg (per cm). Its high torque is suitable for lifting heavy imaging equipment. Moreover motor’s gearbox has a low backlash which can easily tuned using backlash compensation in imaging software. The RJ45 socket can be converted to compatible Robofocus Pinout.
Note: You will also need a stepper controller to drive the motor. Check our Dual Motor Focus Controller
Universal L Shaped Bracket (Black Anodisation)
A L shaped black anodised aluminium bracket, hard to bend, has cut rails and can be attached to a wide range of focusers. In fact we have successfully installed it on:
- Orion Optics UK default focuser
- GSO (RC focuser)
- Takahashi (FSQ106, FSQ85, TSA102, TSA120, TOA130, FS60-CB)
- Moonlite (2”, 2.5”)
- Baader (Steel Track)
- Synta Focuser Refractors (Skywatcher Esprit 80ED, 100ED, 120ED, 150ED
- Altair Astro (Full telescope series)
- Starlight Focusers (2”, 2.5”, 3”, 3.5”)
- Explore Scientific Refractor Focusers (Full telescope series)
- William Optics Refractors (Full telescope series)
What the Motor Focus Kit package includes:
- High Resolution Stepper Geared Motor Enclosure (Step Angle 7.5, Deg 120, Gear Ratio 1:120).
- Universal Black Anodised Aluminium L shaped bracket for Motor
- 6 x Solid Motor Couplers (3mm to 8mm)
- Different sizes of bolts and spacers
|Step Angle (Deg)||7.5 / 120 = 0.0625. |
5755 steps per circle of rotation.
(Gearbox reduction rate = 0.06255 Deg).
5755 steps per circle of rotation. (in full step drive)
about 1 micron per step (in half step drive)
Very low backlash (about 30 steps in half step drive)
|Phases||4 (Unipolar Motor)|
|Pull-in Rate (PPS)||400|
|Pull-in Torque (N.cm)||60 (100pps)|
|Weight||Stepper Motor, Universal L Shaped Adapter & Motor Coupler weight in total 350g|