We have succesfully instaleld our L shaped bracken on these Takahashi Focusers.
- Remove both knobs
- Remove the central bolt (the bolt on top of the focuser as shown at the image below)
- Use the 8mm motor coupler and attach it to the shaft of the focuser.
- Securely tight the two set screws of the motor coupler (on focuser’s side)
- Assemble the motor with the bracket but do not fully tight the 4 screws yet.
- Make sure that the motor can slide on the rails of the bracket
- Place the bracket on the telescope focuser and adjust (up or down) the motor to alligh the shaft with the motor coupler bore.
Use 1xM4 screw along with a washer to secure in place the L bracket.
It should look like the image below
- Now securely tight the 4 x allen silver screws of the motor
- Make sure to tighten the 2 set screws of the motor coupler (motor side)
You are ready to focus.