Unity does not seem to work with UPV3 over Wifi

Ultimate Powerbox v1 and v2
AstroPete

Unity does not seem to work with UPV3 over Wifi

Post by AstroPete »

Hello

Brand new UPBv3 box and brand new Windows 11 mini PC. Wired USB connection between the two and Unity can discover UPBv3 and the UPBv3 required a firmware update (Done), and I have set the UPBv3 to login to my home network (which it has done successfully). Full reboot of both units.

And on Unity startup without using the wired USB connection and Unity simply cannot discover the UPBv3 and simply spins on the startup screen

If I have the versions correct: UPBv3 firmware 1.4 and Unity 2.3.4549.293

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong with the setup or what I have missed because at the moment the wifi capability seems totally unusable

I have noticed that when I scan and discover the home network the wifi signal strength in Unity shows max strength but after scanning , once it is connected, it has dropped down to minimum strength (though the UPBv3 is sat right next to a mesh unit) and hence maybe why discover cannot be made.

Any help appreciated

Pete
AstroPete

Re: Unity does not seem to work with UPV3 over Wifi

Post by AstroPete »

Hi All

Had a very prompt reply from George which I will quote here:

"I would like to clarify that a USB connection is required for UPBv3 to be detected on the Unity platform.
A USB connection is also required to exchange data between the computer and devices connected to UPBv3.
Wi-Fi capabilities are UPBv3 connection and control via Alpaca from imaging software and the web UI that gives you instant access from any device browser."

I had read the manual (and all of the UPBv3 sales details on the various UK vendor sites prior to purchase), and I admit that the fact that the wifi is for Alpaca and not a form of standard connection replacement had escaped me so that is good to know

But Alpaca is new to me and so this is still on the learning curve and the prompt response from Pegasus Support was really appreciated.

Cheers

Pete