Unity stops showing applications

Feature requests / 3rd party software development
pauls

Unity stops showing applications

Post by pauls »

For a year or so my PPBADV box worked fine. Then a few days ago it stopped showing up as an Application and all I get is the Configuration icon and the text "Applications". I have now wasted numerous hours rebooting everything, deleting and reinstalling both the current version and older versions that used to work. I have also followed the instructions at https://pegasusastro.com/troubleshootin ... ing-guide/ but nothing works.

This issue appears to be recurrent on this forum so it bothers me that no clear solution is provided. Short of throwing away the box, what am I supposed to do to resolve this?

I have ASCOM 6.6.1.0 and .NET 4.8 installed.

Paul
pauls

Re: Unity stops showing applications

Post by pauls »

Anybody home???
pauls

Post by pauls »

In case this happens to others... In the end I installed Unity on another computer and the Pegasus box was immediately recognized. That made me think it had to be the computer I used (Intel NUC), so I reinstalled Windows. This was painful but for whatever reason it solved the problem.

Incidentally, George responded within 24 hours to a direct email to support, so my conclusion is that for this sort of thing you are much better off asking directly rather than using the forum.

Paul
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

Correct, This is a user's forum and not support forum. We respond directly and quickly to our support email