Hand Controller Status

Harmonic Geared Mount
DavidMartinStuff

Hand Controller Status

Post by DavidMartinStuff »

What is the status of the promised Hand Controller?
I think your posts indicated it would be out after this last summer. While "after summer" can technically be a very long time, none-the-less, I was hoping for this fall. But fall is rapidly coming to an end - I may only be an amateur astronomer, but I still know the winter solstice coming soon. :)

I like the NYX-101 controller, a lot - but I can hardly recommend it to anyone since it doesn't have a hand controller.

Trying to center alignment stars take too much time/effort when one is moving back and forth between an eyepiece and a PC to control the mount movement - and of course it is dark, I must put my glasses on and off on every trip, and I am guessing how much to move the mount on each trip (and often going in the wrong direction!). It is MUCH easier with my old mount where I could watch the movement in the eyepiece while I controlled via the hand controller. The NYX-101 mount is great if you have a camera attached, but because it lacks a hand controller, it is very substandard for visual.
Tumbleweeds5

Re: Hand Controller Status

Post by Tumbleweeds5 »

Why use a PC? You can just use your phone and with some practice not even get your eyes out of the eye piece.
baron

Post by baron »

For me the phone is uncomfortable anyway.
A hand controller is much better.
I hope it will be available in January 2024 without delay.
FloGoy

Post by FloGoy »

Any news on the controller availability?
Thanks!