Quad ports don't always turn on at startup

Dgibson

Quad ports don't always turn on at startup

Post by Dgibson »

Hi all. I have a Powerbox Advance gen 2. Sometimes when I power up, the quad power is off, but I have power via the USB ports. One of the quad ports is powering my mini computer with the Unity Platform installed. In order to rectify the situation, I need to plug in my mini computer to a different power source, boot up the computer, start Unity Platform and turn the quad power ports on. Once this is done, I power off the computer, reconnect it to the powerbox quad port and now there is power available at the quad ports.
It doesn't happen all the time. I am using the latest software version, and firmware v 2.8. My power supply is a 100 ah LiFePo4 battery that registers a voltage of 14 volts when fully charged. The equipment plugged into the quad outputs are a mini computer, an ASI 533mc pro camera and a Skywatcher Heq 5 pro mount. I also have a TP Link travel router plugged into a USB 2 port for 5 bolt power, which does work.
Do I need to set something in the Unity Platform to ensure the quad ports will be on at startup?
P4trick

Re: Quad ports don't always turn on at startup

Post by P4trick »

Same Problem here since the last Update! it does not matter if you have the switch enabled "quad power on on startup" or not- the quad power is allways off.

It has to get fixed !
P4trick

Re: Quad ports don't always turn on at startup

Post by P4trick »

ok.. i have testet some things:

i put a description for the quad power and click the save button for this and i make e reset of the ext devices under the configuration tab- it seems to be ok now. the quad power ist now still enabled onb startup- maybe you try this ...