Stuck again in hardware limit sensor

Harmonic Geared Mount
tdaiber

Stuck again in hardware limit sensor

Post by tdaiber »

Hi all,

I am to dumb to read the instructions and when I do I am to dumb to understand them.
Yesterday I swapped the mount to AltAz but had the base facing North instead of East as per the instructions. I observed the sun, which worked quite well. At nightfall I wanted to do a 2-star align but the mount did hit a limit when the telescope went eastwards. I then recalled, the base had not to face north but confused everything and put the base 180° wrong, i.e. with the Azimuth dowel facing East. Now the mount directly run into the hardware limit sensor on its way to the first alignment star and I cannot get it moved away from this.
Setting new home position, restarting, setting it again to EQ mode, nothing helped. I installed a newer Unity version which now reports this error (or status). Unfortunately I am away from home and the mount refuses to connect to my iPhone or iPads hotspot, so I cannot get a firmware update done from current 1.19. Not sure, if that helps, though.

So, basically, the mount now (in EQ mode) does look to the NCP, but with the counterweight bar up. Of course no scope installed.

Any idea?
Thanks
Torsten
tdaiber

Re: Stuck again in hardware limit sensor

Post by tdaiber »

I am relieved. Great support again. Evans brought the mount back to normal operation using an Anydesk session.
Worked like a charm, thank you so much.

Greetings
Torsten