HUB-USB camera disconnection

Discussion about the UCH, our industrial grade, smart USB3 Hub
bermassi

HUB-USB camera disconnection

Post by bermassi »

This post is maybe similar to other ones in the forum but I did not find clear responses. The ZWO ASI 1600 MM Cool camera that I use as an autoguide recently disconnects from PHD randomly in the middle of a session. Everything seems to work at first only to then lose the connection (and the pose...). In the last session it happened twice. The camera's USB cable is connected to one of the USB-HUB ports and I have tried, without success, the following:
change of USB port
replacement of the USB3 cable (which was the original ZWO one)

By connecting the camera directly to the PC the problem does not exist, but this is not possible for me because it limits the movements of the telescope.

I then replaced the USB3 cable with a USB2 cable and, for the moment, it seems to work (two sessions without disconnections).

This issue appeared after a couple of years of regular use and coincided with the latest Unity Platform upgrade (although I'm not sure if this may have played a role). Of course, PHD and the ZWO camera were also updated to the latest versions.
I'm wondering if it's possible to downgrade the Unity Platform by 1-2 versions to see what happens. If the issue persists it would be a problem for the control of other cameras with USB3 connection via the HUB.
Greetings
Massimo
Last edited by bermassi on Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evans
Site Admin

Re: UBB-USB camera disconnection

Post by Evans »

Unit has nothing to do with the USB operation of ANY device
bermassi

Re: HUB-USB camera disconnection

Post by bermassi »

OK, as I supposed. In fact I downloaded the software which I used before Unity and the issue remains. So Should I conclude this a HUB malfunction?

Massimo