Does the NYX forget the mount settings on power down?

Harmonic Geared Mount
rimcrazy

Does the NYX forget the mount settings on power down?

Post by rimcrazy »

I am curious if the NYX forgets the mount settings, in particular the meridian limit delay, after a power down? Reason I ask is I've been imaging for 3 nights in a row now. On Monday/Tuesday everything worked fine between NINA and the NYX for doing a meridian flip. But, on each of those days, when I powered up the Unity app at the beginning of my sessions I went into the Unity app to "check" on the meridian limit delay. Because the app does not show the actual value without clicking on the slider bar, to check the value the user actually does a "set" action by clicking on the slider bar. My setting is for 10min, which is so close to 0 on the visual display I can't really tell if the value was set to 10 or I set it to 10 checking it. Regardless, when I imaged last night I did power up Unity but I never checked the value of the Meridian limit delay. I just assumed it was at the value of the previous day. Well meridian flip did not work last night. I need to check all the logs obviously but my first thought was on what I did different last night from the previous nights and checking the meridian limit delay I did not do last night.

As an aside, I don't understand the UI programming of the Unity app where none of the parameter values cannot be seen unless you actually go in and click slider bars to change the value. This, IMHO, is a huge PITA and should not have to be. If you don't want to show the value in a box somewhere, fine, show the value on a mouse hover over the bar or the slider but the UI does not even do that. You have to actually make an action to change a value to see a value. That very act you could change the value and sorry, but I don't remember every stinking value of every parameter of every dialog box I use in my astro photo sessions. This really needs to be fixed. They do the same thing with the slider bars on the Flats illuminator.
skybadger

Re: Does the NYX forget the mount settings on power down?

Post by skybadger »

According to the FAQ for the mount - not , as it saves its position and recovers in case of failure but,,
However as recently as yesterday I had a connection failure that caused me to have to reconnect to the mount over the wifi connection and for the mount to think it was at the park position after reboot, Led to an immediate mount crash after recovery which meant i had to restore the park position by hand several times to get it back to the equaorial
home position
Cllent Os - Android 9
Firmware version 1.20