NYX problem with NINA TPPA routine

Harmonic Geared Mount
brunofigueira

NYX problem with NINA TPPA routine

Post by brunofigueira »

Hi

Last night got a problem with my NYX-101 amd NINA. I'm still new with this mount since there is been a lack of clear nights here at the Atlantic.

The problem was. I was using NINA TPPA routine to PA my mount (worked great last time) and the mount slewed to first point, then to the second and then to the third. when reaching this last one it started to move in the opposite direction and pointed the scope face down. NINA reporter no error and I was able to STOP the mount and manually move it back to home position and reset. I try again and same behaviour.

Today I tried to slew the mount to several targets via stellarium and it worked fine. I tried to connect it to NINA and first NINA was unable to find the mount, tried UNITY and also no equipment found, even the Advanced PowerBox wasnt found. I restarted my PC and UNITY worked. Tried again with NINA and it showed an ASCOM driver error (see attached picture) but connected to the mount and I was able to slew it.

Any idea? I am using most recent UNITY version also NYX 1.22 version and NINA Nightly Build
Attachments
Captura de ecrã 2023-08-14 154503.png
Captura de ecrã 2023-08-14 154503.png (336.54 KiB) Viewed 2972 times
Bretoc

Re: NYX problem with NINA TPPA routine

Post by Bretoc »

It seems, but I might be wrong, that you are not using the ASCOM driver but the Unitu Platform driver (hence the ASCOM error)
brunofigueira

Post by brunofigueira »

Yes. i connect the NYX in NINA using the Unity platfform. Its there any other way? I dont have drivers for any of my pegasus hardware. All of them are connected via the Unity in NINA
cwoodhou

Post by cwoodhou »

The Unity program is a UI. The ASCOM drivers load automatically. I get this error message,... but then it connects and works normally. It seems to be one of those little things.