Adjustable Output in NINA (PBA)

Feature requests / 3rd party software development
astrowithroro

Adjustable Output in NINA (PBA)

Post by astrowithroro »

Is there a way to adjust the voltage on the adjustable output through NINA/3rd party software?

When I connect the PBA I can see all this information but am only able to toggle the output on or off, not change the voltage. Similarly in the advance sequencer I am able to "set switch value" of the adjustable output but it only takes 0 or 1 as an input which turns it on/off.

Not sure if this is a limitation of NINA or the Unity platform.

pba.PNG
pba.PNG (67.38 KiB) Viewed 4288 times
Evans
Site Admin

Re: Adjustable Output in NINA (PBA)

Post by Evans »

For security reasons, we do not allow that in NINA as you cannot double confirm it.
astrowithroro

Post by astrowithroro »

Thanks for your reply Evans.

That's a shame, this is something that would allow huge flexibility for me. It would be great if we could perhaps have this as an option we could enable in the PBA Unity settings (eg. checkbox to confirm that we are ok with allowing voltage adjustments without a double confirm). That way we could add this as part of an advance sequence and adjust the voltage within the sequence knowing that it is out fault if we set it incorrectly.

For me, the device in the adjustable power port is able to handle 12v, but I sometimes need to lower the voltage to achieve better results. So there is no worry of damage that could occur but instead I am able to be more precise with my output at a lower voltage range. Unfortunately I have to manually do this and then set it back which is a real pain.

Otherwise, is there an alternative method that you can suggest that would allow me to create a script or something where I could automate this voltage change?

Cheers,
Rohan
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

I am afraid that the only way is only via Unity