NYX-101 and ASIAIR Plus/Pro

Harmonic Geared Mount
RonMN

NYX-101 and ASIAIR Plus/Pro

Post by RonMN »

I know this was a big topic, but have not really heard a great solution yet. I use the NYX as part of my "travel rig" so want to keep things compact. I use the ASIAIR for this purpose.. well I would LIKE to anyway.

I now am able to connect partially.. LX2000 classic (i may get the exact name wrong) connects at 115k but has only partial controls. There are no mount movement controls that come up for manual operation or goto.

I also tried the Meade version and it was better... this gave me the mount control. Actually connecting was a huge step.. so made the mistake of getting excited.

I got things going last night using the Plus. I had a couple com issues, but for the most part it worked fine at the start as I pointed at M101. Then I hit the meridian.. the mount just stopped tracking as I approached it. Nothing I could do would reengage. I changed between mount types and even completely powered down. The mount would not track.

I reset everything.. checked for cable snag.. rehomed using Unity.. reconnected.. verified goto went to other side of the flip (confirming it was a flip issue).. lowered minutes before/after to 2min.. Mount connects but will not track at all.

I am assuming this is a driver issue between pegasus and ASIAIR.. is there any timelines on this getting actually fixed? The last word I heard was "we are getting close".

Very frustrating.. Now I have to redo my setup again and put my eagle3 back in place. This sucks because things get to "tippy" with the extra weight and I have to use a counter weight. (carbon fiber tripod) Really having a bad time with this mount because of this.. difficult when I'm unable to use it for the single purpose I bought it for.

I'm trying to keep the faith, but I got one of the first mounts and I've been patient as it just sits. I just want this to work stable. Currently its not much more than a very expensive paper weight.. for my needs.

Ron
dasi56

Re: NYX-101 and ASIAIR Plus/Pro

Post by dasi56 »

one would think this was an official pegasus astro forum for resolving issues .. if your looking for answers from support here ..dont hold your breath. They are very selective on which topics they respond to regarding this mount. Welcome to PegasusAstro
Evans
Site Admin

Re: NYX-101 and ASIAIR Plus/Pro

Post by Evans »

The forum is a users forum. We do not provide support here.
You can reach support@pegasusastro.com for any support inquiry.