NyX will not slew DEC with phone app, only PC app

Harmonic Geared Mount
wannaberocker

NyX will not slew DEC with phone app, only PC app

Post by wannaberocker »

I was really excited for this app, however, I noticed when I slew to objects using phone app the DEC axis would not move at all, only RA would move.... but when I would use the PC app to slew the telescope mount then it would work normally. When I would command the mount to go back to the home position, it would move both the RA and DEC, but the declination axis would not return to the correct position because on the initial slew from the phone app, it thought the declaration axis was moving when it's really wasn't. Was wondering if this is some sort of glitch?
Evans
Site Admin

Re: NyX will not slew DEC with phone app, only PC app

Post by Evans »

Hum, I cannot replicate this issue
DEC and RA keypad works fine with latest Unity Mobile application (IOS and Android).
Please provide more info of your mobile type and version.
wannaberocker

Post by wannaberocker »

Hello, the keypads does work fine yes, it is the GoTO function that does not seem work right. When slewing to the moon for example, the RA will move but the dec will not...sounds like its trying to though. Yet GoTo functions from a windows laptop works perfectly fine. I am using an iPhone 12 Pro
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

What is the firmware of the mount, please? Can you please check that you have 1.19?
wannaberocker

Post by wannaberocker »

I was on version 1.19 yes, but I have updated to the latest version 1.20 and it seems to be working as it should.
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

Ok thanks for confirming