"Unresponsive Device" for mount in Unity (Windows)

Harmonic Geared Mount
SJDave

"Unresponsive Device" for mount in Unity (Windows)

Post by SJDave »

Frustrating evening. I've been having decent success with the mount. Tonight, went to turn all on, and am getting an icon for the mount in Unity (on Windows) saying "Unresponsive Device". Clicking on the icon says "A PegasusAstro device has been detected but communication is not possible. Please check power."
I'm on house power, direct connection from outlet to the mount, I've swapped USB cords, no luck.

The mount's LED doesn't light up when I turn it on.

Ideas?
Zara415

Re: "Unresponsive Device" for mount in Unity (Windows)

Post by Zara415 »

I've been having the same issue. Happened 3 times in one evening. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the latest software update.
2023-04-12 21_48_39-Astro - Remote Desktop Connection.png
2023-04-12 21_48_39-Astro - Remote Desktop Connection.png (13.93 KiB) Viewed 1030 times
2023-04-12 21_47_48-Astro - Remote Desktop Connection.png
2023-04-12 21_47_48-Astro - Remote Desktop Connection.png (166.39 KiB) Viewed 1030 times
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

When the mount is turned off but the USB cable remains inserted into your PC, you will receive this message.
By the time you will switch on the mount, the message will go away as the mount will be again responsive
Zara415

Post by Zara415 »

Evans wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:21 pm When the mount is turned off but the USB cable remains inserted into your PC, you will receive this message.
By the time you will switch on the mount, the message will go away as the mount will be again responsive
I think you misunderstand; 3 times in the middle of imaging it just goes unresponsive. I have to go outside and turn it off and back on to get it to start responding and even then it takes a few times often. Otherwise it just borks and gets stuck and starts taking star trail pictures because the mount is effectively bricked and not moving anymore until I power cycle it.