ZWO EAF

Ultimate Powerbox v1 and v2
greglatiak

ZWO EAF

Post by greglatiak »

I have a ZWO EAF (first version) on one of my telescopes. When I connect it through the USB2 port, I get a message that this device is compatible with the UPB2 (whatever that means) but I have had no success getting the UPB2 focus control to actually drive the focuser. Oh, the UPB2 focus display shows the position and accepts commands to move the focuser -- and the display updates as though it were actually doing it, but nothing happens. Only way it moves is if I use the original ZWO driver on the PC. Am I missing something or is it just lying to me? BTW, this is the original EAF, not the revised 5V version.

Thanks.
pleiades

Re: ZWO EAF

Post by pleiades »

greglatiak wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:07 pm I have a ZWO EAF (first version) on one of my telescopes. When I connect it through the USB2 port, I get a message that this device is compatible with the UPB2 (whatever that means) but I have had no success getting the UPB2 focus control to actually drive the focuser. Oh, the UPB2 focus display shows the position and accepts commands to move the focuser -- and the display updates as though it were actually doing it, but nothing happens. Only way it moves is if I use the original ZWO driver on the PC. Am I missing something or is it just lying to me? BTW, this is the original EAF, not the revised 5V version.

Thanks.
The UPBv2 can only control focuser that are connected via its RJ-45 connector. i.e. UPBv2 can control a Robofocus motor

The EAF can only be controlled by ZWO drivers (ASCOM or native) even if EAF is connected to UPBv2 USB2. In that case, the UPBv2 acts as a hub.

Regards,
Yves
greglatiak

Post by greglatiak »

Thank you.
stef18250

Post by stef18250 »

Hello,
Does anyone know if Zwo EAF control is included in the UPBv3 roadmap ?
Thanks,
Stef
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

Of course not. The EAF is a standalone device.