Unable to connect via mount WiFi

Harmonic Geared Mount
brunofigueira

Unable to connect via mount WiFi

Post by brunofigueira »

Hi

I am unable to connect the Android Unity APP to the mount. I connect the phone to the mount NYX????? network bit Unity can't discover the mount.

Any help?

Thanks
LouisVB

Re: Unable to connect via mount WiFi

Post by LouisVB »

I have a similar problem: I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 Android phone with the Unity app installed on it. I have set up the Nyx-101 mount as a Wifi-hotspot which is always detected by my phone, a connexion is made immediately but whem I open the Unity app it won't open but hangs on "searching....." This can happen during the start of an observation session but also when the app is working the following message can appear: connexion lost, app will be closed. This error occurs the error occurs even though I am close to the mount. Can anybody help?
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

Firmware v1.22 completely resolves this issue which had to do with some compatibility issues with different phone brands.
Please expect the firmware by next week at the latest!
Talk2mike

Post by Talk2mike »

I am really struggling to update firmware on new nyx from 1.15 to 1.22. With windows 10 laptop using iPhone as network, when I load unity on laptop and get it to a point where it prompts for firmware update I select update then it says I must use Wi-Fi not usb but if laptop is connected to internet I can’t also get unity open unless either usb is plugged in or by disconnecting from iPhone. Then of course it didn’t download the firmware. Can I download firmware to laptop, connect to nyx then upload from laptop?

Any help much appreciated

Mike
Jockey

Post by Jockey »

As far as I know,

- Mount must be connected by USB to Laptop.
- Mount must be connected to internet over its internal WiFi.

- Run Unity on Laptop to kick off firmware update.

- Mount MUST download and install update directly from internet over WiFi.

I have updated mount firmware several times as described above.
Check Laptop Windows Firewall has only one entry for Pegasus Unity and that it is correct for your network type (Private or Public).

Cheers
Tim