Not a cloud in the sky but cloud sensor says 60% !

peetyg

Not a cloud in the sky but cloud sensor says 60% !

Post by peetyg »

downloaded most up-to-date software. what gives?

Best

Peety G
BrooseK55

Re: Not a cloud in the sky but cloud sensor says 60% !

Post by BrooseK55 »

There is chatter on another forum for 10 Micron mounts, questioning the accuracy of the " weather " portion of the Uranus meter accuracy

yesterday, I took my unit outside in early afternoon, and the temperature, dew point , and humidity ratings were not accurate

I find this rather disconcerting
bflachsbart

Post by bflachsbart »

BrooseK55 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 11:25 am There is chatter on another forum for 10 Micron mounts, questioning the accuracy of the " weather " portion of the Uranus meter accuracy

yesterday, I took my unit outside in early afternoon, and the temperature, dew point , and humidity ratings were not accurate

I find this rather disconcerting
I'm rather disapointed with the readings too. The small external sensor of my PBA gives me very different values for temp and rel humidity most of the time.
And what's worse: Those PBA values are in my opinion more realistic for the actual conditions.
For example on a cold night around 0°C the Uranus Meteo sensor claims 8 °C even after 2 hours or so when the case should have adjusted to ambient temp.

Sometimes they are close but most of the time they are not. I couldn*t figure out yet why the differnces do vary so much.

I asked Pegasus Astro months ago in another thread about the different readings of the PBA and the Uranus Meteo Sensor but sadly never got a reply.

best reagrds
Bernd
Eyeheartmono

Post by Eyeheartmono »

looks like with the new UI you can tweak the values, looks promising but now the cloud sensor is actually reading very light misty cloud in the sky when before it was reading nothing. More testing is required though.