Can't Connect Falcon Rotator to NINA

Questions and feedback about the rotator itself, adapters, de-rotation etc
Redeye

Can't Connect Falcon Rotator to NINA

Post by Redeye »

I'm new at using both NINA and Pegasus products ,only now getting around to setting up a new system having previously been an ASIAIR User. I am using the Ultimate Powerbox V2 as a NINA switch using the native drivers. I also have a Flatmaster connected to the powerbox, which I can start and operate in NINA. I am operating the latest Unity build and all items are updated. I am using NINA build 2.1.0.9001.

I can connect the powerbox and the flatmaster to NINA, plus a moonlite focuser controlled via the motor controller in the powerbox. However, when I try to connect the falcon, NINA states that there is an ASCOM driver error, cannot connect to the falcon rotator and please select a device.

I am not running unity at the same time as googling stated there was a conflict problem (which solved all my other connection problems), but the rotator is still outstanding.

I also tried direct connection to the mini pc I'm using, but still no joy. It works fine when using Unity to control it.

Any thoughts on what I can do to resolve the issue and connect the rotator to NINA?

Thanks from a Newbie Poster.
Redeye

Re: Can't Connect Falcon Rotator to NINA

Post by Redeye »

So, rotator still not working through Unity. However, installed legacy driver and updated NINA to 3.0 nightly and I've got it working (for now anyway). It should work through unity though and it doesn't!
EnriqueR

Re: Can't Connect Falcon Rotator to NINA

Post by EnriqueR »

Same situation here. NINA, PPBA, Falcon and XMC. Unity / NINA are able to detect and connect XMC and PPBA, but not the rotator. To get a successful connection, you have to plug out and plug in the rotator several times. Any solution from Pegasus??