Indigo filter wheel

Feature requests / 3rd party software development
Astrostuart2691

Indigo filter wheel

Post by Astrostuart2691 »

Received my filter wheel and the only instructions are pdf file from the website which are pretty limited as to software and install.
I wish to use the wheel with my PBA V2 and with NINA and or sharpcap. What is the best route to make the filter wheel available.
At the moment in NINA under equipment, the filter wheel appears in NINA's list but will not load and cannot be found as there are no drivers.
I have used unity to name the filters and i can rotate it by selecting each individual filter so it does work in unity, but just not seen by other software.

Thanks you
Cepheus0815

Re: Indigo filter wheel

Post by Cepheus0815 »

Astrostuart2691 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:20 am Received my filter wheel and the only instructions are pdf file from the website which are pretty limited as to software and install.
I wish to use the wheel with my PBA V2 and with NINA and or sharpcap. What is the best route to make the filter wheel available.
At the moment in NINA under equipment, the filter wheel appears in NINA's list but will not load and cannot be found as there are no drivers.
I have used unity to name the filters and i can rotate it by selecting each individual filter so it does work in unity, but just not seen by other software.

Thanks you
Hi,
Do you have Unity installed? With that (and ASCOM of course) you can see the wheel, also in NINA.
Cheers, Rainer
ArieDome29

Post by ArieDome29 »

You need to have Unity installed and running.
In Unity your UPB and Indigo should be recognized and connected.
If they are not available here, like with me after the last updates, you cannot use them.
In NINA you select the Indigo wheel and then press the gear icon.
Then Unity shows up with the filter wheel.
Here you click on it and then the connection with the embedded ascom driver is made..
Now you can press the connect button and it should appear in NINA.
It may now show only one bar for available filters.
At the settings page under equipment at the right hand top, you now define the filters you have installed.
This you only have to once. Next time you connect the filter wheel the settings are there.
Astrostuart2691

Post by Astrostuart2691 »

Thanks for your reply.

I do have Unity running, it can see the UPBV2, the filter wheel is shown and will work when commanded within unity for filter changes. when connected via UPBv2 and direct to the PC.

NINA will connect to my Pegasus focuser, and all other equipment but not the filter wheel.
The filter wheel selection box shows "PegasusAstro Indigo" , if I click on the gears I get an error message box popping up in the background and NINA freezes and needs a restart.
The message states rotator but it is the filterwheel that sends that message out,
There are no other Pegasus options in the drop down menu.
So frustrating !!
Indigo error.png
Indigo error.png (13.19 KiB) Viewed 838 times