Amp rating and another unrelated questions

gmillerok1

Amp rating and another unrelated questions

Post by gmillerok1 »

The Pocket Powerbox Micro is rated at 10 amps. Is the 2.1mm plug on the Pegausus 10 amp power supply that I also purchased rated 10 amps as well? The reason I ask is because I can not find any 2.1mm plugs to use as a through the mount extension cable that are rated more then five amps including the too short 4, 2.1mm cables supplied with the unit. I can't figure out how to get ore than five amps to the Micro if no 2.1mm extension cables support 10 amps. If that plug is rated at 10 amps then my only solution may be to cut the power supply's cable and add a connector such as an Anderson power connector rated at 15 amps, and use the OEM plug on the other end to the Microbox. If you could design a DC-IN plug on the Microbox that used a more easily obtainable connector that is rated at least 10 amps, such as Anderson power connectors, it would be a nice change rather than the more limited 2.1mm rated barrel adapters. I have not been able to locate any pre-made 2.1mm extension cables rated higher than five amps and while making my own cable is possible using a female 2.1mm barrel adapter, I so far have not be able to find a male version that is rated higher than five amps other than those designed for panels.

I want to bring your attention that the Unity app would not start up after updating the firmware. It took downloading the app again and reinstalling it to get it going (this was on three different PC's that I tried using to get it to work). Not sure why this happened but thought I'd mention it.

Third issue is what is the function of the statup configuration on the Control window? I presume this saves the configuration when it closes so the next time it starts it will be in the same configuration. Is that correct? I could find no documentation on this feature in the manual. However, if that is the case, when I toggle this switch OFF from ON status the app throws an error "Error code 1301 Error on invoking method [Set PowerupBootstrap] Error Code 0000 Invalid response 1099" and I'm pretty sure that isn't supposed to happen.

I also have a Pegasus rotator. The quality and design of your products is very impressive as well as the Unity app itself. Thanks for the hard work and thought put into these products.

Thank you,

Gerald Miller
Muskogee OK
Evans
Site Admin

Re: Amp rating and another unrelated questions

Post by Evans »

Yes, the metal socket is rated for 10A at 24V.
The PSU we provide has also specs to pass 10A through its cable.
We are not very positive about Anderson cables. The XT60 solution is a better option which was used in larger model (UPBv2)

>I want to bring your attention that the Unity app would not start up after updating the firmware. It took downloading the app again and reinstalling it to get it going (this was on three different PC's that I tried using to get it to work). Not sure why this happened but thought I'd mention it.

Probably it was an issue with Windows updates which was fixed in new version.

>Third issue is what is the function of the statup configuration on the Control window? I presume this saves the configuration when it closes so the next time it starts it will be in the same configuration. Is that correct? I could find no documentation on this feature in the manual. However, if that is the case, when I toggle this switch OFF from ON status the app throws an error "Error code 1301 Error on invoking method [Set PowerupBootstrap] Error Code 0000 Invalid response 1099" and I'm pretty sure that isn't supposed to happen.

This issue requires a new firmware which is available through Unity.
dixiefla

Post by dixiefla »

I just got the Micro box and my ASI camera sometimes balks and won't power up from it. I've tried 3 different cables. So I wonder if the box outlet port is not producing enough amp throughput. The camera needs 3 amps. The box total output for the 4 outs is 10 amps, but I have 3 items plugged in, and when I disconnected two of them the camera came on.

I'm using it as default, so all 4 ports are "on". So if I plug the box into a PC and turn off the 4th output port, would that increase the chance that the camera port will produce 3 amps? The other two are a rotator and a dew heater. I'll check the amp requirements of both of those, but meantime I wonder if having the 4th port energized might be bleeding off some amps from the 3 in use??
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

This is not the point as the device can output up to 10A.
What kind of PSU do you have?