Mount manual?

Harmonic Geared Mount
carles

Mount manual?

Post by carles »

Hi guys,

as the mount was meant to be released last month, and hoping will be coming out soon,
I was wondering if you could share the manual for it so we can start familiarizing with it.

also, what's the power output from the "out" gx12 port?

At what point is needed 3 or 6 stands for the pier adapter? depends on weight? is 3 stable enough for max load without counterweights?

thanks

Carles.
Evans
Site Admin

Re: Mount manual?

Post by Evans »

We are working on the final manual so we'll be able to provide it soon.
GX12 out is a pass-through port. What you input is what you output (should be 12-13.8V)
It depends on the weight and stability of large tubes. I have seen with the C11 Edge that 5 stands are way better (n stability) than 3.
carles

Post by carles »

Hi Evans,

Thank you for your reply.

So the GX12 does have any limit on current? max Amps out for instance?
is it possible from this output to feed camera and miniPC for instance? I don't own a powerbox from you (hope maybe soon...) but will it be OK too?

Thank you about the stands :) I guess for now for me 3 would suffice.
Are the adapters for tripod and stands coming out any time soon?

looking forward to that manua l:D
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

You should not exceed 7amps. 7Amps are more than enough for a single setup
carles

Post by carles »

Evans wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:58 pm You should not exceed 7amps. 7Amps are more than enough for a single setup
Ok, sounds good, thank you :)

Also heard rumours of further delays for the mount to December.. ? (someone posted on CN , source Agenastro, apparently)

hope all goes well.
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

Everything is fine and due to a very high order count, it will take some time to offload all orders to our dealers across the world. Therefore the launch date is the end of November (we extended the launch time by one month)
As we carefully curate the entire manufacturing, testing, and packing process it takes more time to accomplish all of our orders.
We need to be 100% sure that all mounts have been assembled and work as expected!
carles

Post by carles »

Evans wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:08 pm Everything is fine and due to a very high order count, it will take some time to offload all orders to our dealers across the world. Therefore the launch date is the end of November (we extended the launch time by one month)
As we carefully curate the entire manufacturing, testing, and packing process it takes more time to accomplish all of our orders.
We need to be 100% sure that all mounts have been assembled and work as expected!
Oh, I see! Well indeed is best if you can deliver each unit tested and all :D As note to that, do Nyx need any regular maintenance ? Doesn't seem accessible for the user to adjust or lubricate etz.. (which if is no needed the better!! but just wondering :) )

also, could you explain a bit more about the "hybrid" mode ? belt+harmonic?

Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

The mount does not need maintenance.
Lubrication is not required. The strain wave gears are closed types so the lubrication is inside and cannot escape.
carles

Post by carles »

Evans wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:15 am The mount does not need maintenance.
Lubrication is not required. The strain wave gears are closed types so the lubrication is inside and cannot escape.
That's awesome, thank you Evans :D