Adapter for Ioptron tripier

Harmonic Geared Mount
Eric47

Adapter for Ioptron tripier

Post by Eric47 »

Is there an available adapter that will allow this mount to go on an Ioptron Tri Pier for the CEM70?
Evans
Site Admin

Re: Adapter for Ioptron tripier

Post by Evans »

We do not have a dedicated adapter for an ioptron.
However the universal adapter might fit. We need to check if it can be adjusted somehow.
Eric47

Post by Eric47 »

Thank you! Live PA and have my new mount on pre order now just want to be ready!

Any chance the iOptron Tri-Pier Adapter for Takahashi & Skywatcher - 8036-TK would work or work with the adapter you have shown?

Thanks again!
astrogeorge

Post by astrogeorge »

Congrats to the PA team on the initial shipments. I know a lot of the focus would have been on getting those out the door but I’m wondering whether anyone had a chance to look at the Tri-pier adapter for the EQ=6 and confirm it works? The Tri-pier looks like a good fit with the NYX101 for heavier loads.
StefanLilge

Post by StefanLilge »

Hello,

I would second the wish for an Ioptron Tripier adapter.
Actually I have an EQ6 adapter for my Tripier that theoretically could be used with the Pegasus Astro EQ6 Adapter but unfortunately the diameter of the central recess is not large enough to take the Pegasus EQ6 Adapter.
Clear skies,
Stefan
Starlancer

Post by Starlancer »

I just used the EQ6 adapter plate and drilled some 10mm holes in the top of my tripier plate and mounted them together, works great.
Attachments
nyxtri2.jpg
nyxtri2.jpg (632.85 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
nyxtri1.jpg
nyxtri1.jpg (615.55 KiB) Viewed 1188 times