Falcon rotator and first use with Ioptron Az Mount Pro

Questions and feedback about the rotator itself, adapters, de-rotation etc
antonio1974

Falcon rotator and first use with Ioptron Az Mount Pro

Post by antonio1974 »

Hello everyone, I recently bought Falcon Rotator, last night for the first time I was able to use it with my C6 reduced to 945mm, with an Asi183 camera.
I use an Ioptron Az Mount Pro altazimuth mount and I was able to use 60 second exposures with good results.
I have two questions to ask:
- in some poses, for no apparent reason, the stars are a bit elongated, what could it depend on?
- when I connect Falcon rotator do I have to set 0 degrees? I don't understand this passage well.

Thank you
Antonio
Italian amateur astro and macro photographer
antonio1974

Re: Falcon rotator and first use with Ioptron Az Mount Pro

Post by antonio1974 »

Hi Evans,
unfortunately I have not received any response regarding my support request. The problem I encounter is this: at any focal length, short or long, with any exposure time (10, 20, 30, 60 seconds) I always have frames alternating between bad and good. For example I have a good 2 frames and the next one has slightly moved stars. What is the problem? The Pegasus rotator has no strange movements and looks ok. Thank you
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

Hello,
As I replied in the mail, you will need to guide the mount. it is impossible to have round stars without guiding and by using this mount
antonio1974

Post by antonio1974 »

Thanks Evans :)
Antonio