FocusCube vs Motor Focus Kit

FocusCube v1 & v2, Zero, Motor Focus Kit (Universal or Zero)
Evans
Site Admin

FocusCube vs Motor Focus Kit

Post by Evans »

FocusCube is a standalone focus device (it contains electronics + a powerful geared stepper motor). It has to be plugged, via a USB cable, to your PC USB port.

Motor Focus Kit - MFK is only the stepper motor and requires an external controller such as the Dual Motor Focus Controller or the Ultimate Powerbox v1 / v2. Therefore. it does not have a USB port but only an RJ45 port which is plugged, via a simple network cable, to the Motor Output of the focus controller.

If you own more than one setup the best and cost effective solution is to get one controller and multiple stepper motors (MFK) so you can easily swap the controller between yout setups.
gpowers

Re: FocusCube vs Motor Focus Kit

Post by gpowers »

Hi, I have the UPBv2 and have just received a MFK
? - could you please confirm the software(s) i need to install, or is it a simple case of plugging the RJ45 cable (blue cable that came with the MFK) into the 2 devices
regards ... gary

I then intend to run with NINA if that is possible ?
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

Just use the blue cable and connect the Motor Focus Kit with the Motor Output of UPBv2.
NINA has a native driver for the UPBv2 so you only have to select the Ultimate Powerbox on focuser and switches tab of NINA
lakio

Post by lakio »

Hello, what kind of controller is the below one?
Where can I find an Ascom driver for it?
Regards
Lakio
Attachments
20230923_150552.jpg
20230923_150552.jpg (253.01 KiB) Viewed 3591 times
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »