Flat panel 150 blinks

FlatMaster 120 / 150 / 250
guy53

Flat panel 150 blinks

Post by guy53 »

Hello,
I have bought a FlatMaster 150 few monthes ago. I use it with NINA. For weeks, the FlatMaster was operating well. But after 3 monthes, the panel began to flash and is no more usable. I send it back to my reseller (l'Astronome in Lorient) and he aggreed that the panel was out of order. He changed it under warranty. The new one was Ok for few monthes and now has the same problem than the previous one. Are there some quality issues with this device? Thank you in advance for help.
Guy
Evans
Site Admin

Re: Flat panel 150 blinks

Post by Evans »

Go to the standalone software and click normal profile to enforce again the brightness profile and light the panel.
Panel should be fine (also the panel you sent back was probably also fine).
It is a setting in software
guy53

Post by guy53 »

Hello Evans,
Thank you for your answer. I did what you proposed and it works fine now. What is the origin of this problem? Does NINA have software issues with Flatmaster? Can I continue to use NINA for controlling Flatmaster or is it better to use the dedicated standalone app?
Sincerely,
Guy
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

Seems that NINA sends a command and modifies the correct brightness profile of the device.
If the brightness profile is not correct, the EL panel is not energized properly and you see this blink.
As this has been reported multiple times (and unfortunatelly lots of devices have been returned without an actual issue), we'll check with NINA developers what might go wrong in the driver.