UPBv2 started making clicking/popping sounds

Ultimate Powerbox v1 and v2
Rextiles

UPBv2 started making clicking/popping sounds

Post by Rextiles »

Last night (2021-09-02) my UPBv2 (original black plastic front), which I purchased last year (2020-05-11), started making clicking/popping sounds which occurred throughout the session in intervals between 30 seconds to 1 minute. I've never heard this sound prior to last night.

My Configuration of my UPBv2 is:
12v Output #1: ZWO ASI2600MM
12v Output #2: FocusCube 2
Dew Heater A: AstroZap 6" Dewstrap
Dew Heater B: AstroZap 2" Dewstrap
12v On: EQ6-R Mount
EXT: Temperature Sensor
3.1 USB 1: ZWO ASI2600MM
3.1 USB 2: Empty
3.1 USB 3: EQ6-R Mount
3.1 USB 4: ASI290MM Mini
2 USB 5: FocusCube 2
2 USB 6: Empty
PC: Acer Laptop

I did not seem to witness any equipment malfunction issues with the UPBv2 during last nights session nor did I smell anything burning or witness any smoke and the unit itself felt cool to the touch but the clicking/popping sound was consistent throughout the night which is concerning. The software I use to run my rig is Sequence Generator Pro, Stellarium, PHD2 and ASI Live along with the Pegasus Astro software for both the UPBv2 and the Focus Cube 2.

I've read that others have had issues with hearing popping issues and witnessing smoke before their UPBv2 completely malfunctioned. Should I be concerned about this happening to me and should I stop using my UPBv2 for fear of it damaging the rest of my gear hooked up to it? My other concern is that I have 2 of these older model UPBv2 (the black plastic front); this one I use regularly while the other one is used infrequently on a completely different rig and I'm wonder if these versions are prone to whatever this issue is.

Thanks!