Unity PegUI.exe crashes when attempting to view Uranus Meteo after latest update

Feature requests / 3rd party software development
Zara415

Unity PegUI.exe crashes when attempting to view Uranus Meteo after latest update

Post by Zara415 »

After upgrading to the latest version of Unity, the UI now crashes when attempting to view the Uranus Meteo.

The Meteo is functioning and I can access it via ASCOM in NINA for example.

- Have tried fully uninstalling/reinstalling Unity.
- Have tried running Unity on multiple computers with the same result.
- Have tried on multiple computers with and without other Pegasus Astro devices (i.e. with the Scops/Falcon/Meteo and with only the Meteo)
- Have tried resetting the Meteo.
- Have tried re-flashing the firmware.

According to Unity, the Meteo has version 1.5 firmware, Revision A.

The windows event log indicates something is crashing in the coreclr.dll used by Peg.UI.exe
Sometimes the view will load up for a few seconds before crashing, but every field is blank.

At this point seems like some sort of bug in the Unity view for the Meteo since the device itself appears to function standalone (i.e. not using it via USB) and does function via ASCOM.
It also does allow me to select the device just fine via NINA (i.e. when the unity window appears asking to select the device).

Any help would be appreciated as I do prefer to run Unity so I can export the graphs/data after each session. Let me know if there are any additional logs/data I could provide which might help debug this issue.

Code: Select all

Faulting application name: Peg.UI.exe, version: 2.0.4511.255, time stamp: 0x65680000
Faulting module name: coreclr.dll, version: 8.0.123.58001, time stamp: 0x65684692
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x001a5804
Faulting process id: 0x0x9C0
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA821CFF185882
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Pegasus Astro\Unity Platform\Peg.UI.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Pegasus Astro\Unity Platform\coreclr.dll
Report Id: 93b8471b-6d7c-48ae-b50f-524732aa0c4a
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Zara415

Re: Unity PegUI.exe crashes when attempting to view Uranus Meteo after latest update

Post by Zara415 »

This is still happening even after updating to the latest version which was just released.

Any response would be appreciated; considering how expensive your gear is and how unresponsive you are to posts on the forums (all posts, not just mine) it's not a good look.
HAMBUMA1

Re: Unity PegUI.exe crashes when attempting to view Uranus Meteo after latest update

Post by HAMBUMA1 »

Good morning, exactly same issue for me UI crashes (back to desktop) when starting uranus UI; works standalone and via ascom (NINA). Windows 11.
P4trick

Post by P4trick »

Same here.
But don't worry, just because we're writing here doesn't mean that something will be changed :D
Zara415

Post by Zara415 »

Ya, they never seem to respond on here for some reason; not sure why; very dissappointing. I'm going to email support today and see if I can get some response there; I'll update here if I get any traction there.
Zara415

Post by Zara415 »

OK, I've been in touch with support and gotten a response. While they don't ever seem to respond on here, I have to admit anytime I've contacted support directly they have responded within 24 hours so I'll give credit where it's due there.

They are aware and working on a fix; their suggested workaround is to downgrade Unity in the meantime.