EXT ports and SI/OPTEC Focus Motors

dodde

EXT ports and SI/OPTEC Focus Motors

Post by dodde »

Hi,

I ve recently purchased the SI-PDMS (for the 2.5"-3" versions) focus motor for the FTF3215B-A focuser from Starlight Instruments and the focus motor for the OPTEC Sagitta Off-Axis guider.

Now I ve been wrangling my mind over what controller to use and I have had two to chose from so far: either the Starlight Instruments one called "Focuser Boss II" or the OPTEC "FocusLynx Controller Hub". One of my requirements has been to be able to control two focusers at the same time and these controllers have offered that option through an add-on daughter board that can be added to these controllers by the user. For all intents and purposes the two control hubs are identical under the hood as I understand it, differences just come down to external cosmtics.

Then I suddenly remembered my two Pegasus Astro devices, the Pocket Powerbox Advance v1 and the USB Control Hub v1, sitting in a drawer for 4 years unused and their EXT ports able to control external focus motors. Maybe it would be possible to use these two EXT ports to control both of these focusers, however, there is some concern over how much juice they can provide since primarily the SI-PDMS motor is rather beefy and can lifttwords 56 pouns of imaging train. I suspect these EXT ports would not be able to deliver enough oumph to make this a feasable option.

Any thoughts?

Evans
Site Admin

Re: EXT ports and SI/OPTEC Focus Motors

Post by Evans »

I am afraid that The EXT port of USB Control Hub does not support the XMC device.