Will you please show parameter values in the dialog boxes and not force clicking on sliders?

Feature requests / 3rd party software development
rimcrazy

Will you please show parameter values in the dialog boxes and not force clicking on sliders?

Post by rimcrazy »

I have a UI issue with Unity. On both the mount meridian limit and the flat panel illuminators a user MUST click on a slider bar to actually see the current set value. This is both frustrating, unnecessary and creates a lot of confusion in using the application. There should be a box with a numeric value clearly displaying the current stored value the particular device is going to use. Right now with the meridian limit and flat panels a user has to click on the slider to see the value. The very act of clicking on a bar can subtly change it. Sorry but I don't remember every value of every parameter that I use on every dialog box of all of the apps I use to image with my telescopes. Having a setup where the very act of viewing to see a value can change a value is really unacceptable. If you don't want a box there, fine, you can detect a mouse hover, so use that to display the current value. My guess is you do the same things also on other parameters but I've just not needed to change those. This would greatly improve your usability of your app.
Evans
Site Admin

Re: Will you please show parameter values in the dialog boxes and not force clicking on sliders?

Post by Evans »

Thank you for the suggestion, However, this is definitely not the right place to ask for a new feature. This is a user forum only. Please use support@pegasusastro.com to submit this request.
rimcrazy

Re: Will you please show parameter values in the dialog boxes and not force clicking on sliders?

Post by rimcrazy »

Curious, ok. The main title on the page two levels above lists this, and I quote "Feature Requests / 3rd Party Software". I will resubmit to the email you requested. If you don't want feature requests then I suggest you re-label the title above for this section of your forum.
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

Fixed in upcoming Unity