Ultimate V2 Power Issue

Ultimate Powerbox v1 and v2
scooke

Ultimate V2 Power Issue

Post by scooke »

I am at a loss to figure this out.

I have plugged in two different Xt-60 connectors into the Powerbox and cannot get it to power up. One of the cables I made myself to check the first cable. I confirm with the multimeter I am getting 13.8 V in the proper polarity at the cable end that plugs in on both cables. As a test I used a voltage generator with small clamps to attach to the conductors and can get it to power up. I have tried bending the conductors on the Ultimate power conductors slightly to get a tighter connection and still no power up.

Any ideas?

This powerbox is new to me but I bought it from the original purchaser unused.
scooke

Re: Ultimate V2 Power Issue

Post by scooke »

I got it to work finally. I am using this on a Mach 2 with through the mount cabling. As I mentioned, I was getting proper voltage at the cable end and I tried two different cables. Those cables are connected at the top of the dec housing. I also have a cable that supplies power connected at the rear of the RA housing. I replaced that cable and everything works. All I can think is that while voltage was passed, not enough amperage was passed through the bad cable. At least it's working.