NYX Polemaster quick mount solution

Harmonic Geared Mount
Msholden

NYX Polemaster quick mount solution

Post by Msholden »

Here's a couple photos showing the adapter I created for the Polemaster on my NYX. Note - the upper left photo shows yellow and orange reflections. The magnet has a chrome finish.

The washer mounted on the NYX PoleMaster mounting plate is 1.5" in diameter, and it's held in place with six 3mm screws that are about 4mm long. I had to file down a divot on the edge of the washer in every spot where a screw would be as the washer was a hair too large. You only need 3 screws, but I decided 6 would reduce the odds enough would fall out to lose the washer.

The magnet is a "10 lb. Round Base Pull Latch Magnet" from Home Depot. It was just over $5 for two of them. It's about 1.25" in diameter.

I took apart my PoleMaster and drilled and tapped a hole for a 1/4" long 6-32 machine screw in the base plate.

When tapping the hole, I decided between the soft aluminum and the strong magnet, tapping was probably a waste of my time, and I was better off putting the head of the screw inside the PoleMaster.

I doubt tapping this hole does anything. The holes in the magnet are perfectly sized for 6-32 hardware.

I used purple Loctite on all the threads.

This adapter allows me to use the NYX case, and the PoleMaster is on or off in a couple seconds.

< http://holden-insurance.com/NYXPolemasterAdapt.jpg >