Tiny Text in Unity

Feature requests / 3rd party software development
hedrums

Tiny Text in Unity

Post by hedrums »

Hi, even on "Large," nearly all of the text in Unity is extremely small. I have a Dell XPS 9310 laptop, as well as other systems, and they all exhibit this behavior. With or without custom scaling in Windows (I tried a bunch of settings) the problem persists. For what it's worth, the laptop has a native screen resolution of 3480x2400, and the default Windows UI scaling is 300% -- I think this value is what's being ignored by Unity. I say this because when I set UI scaling on the Dell to 100%, all text is super tiny, but the text in Unity doesn't get any smaller!

Please note that this is true of both local screens and remote desktops: I don't know if you have to do anything special in the latter case, but please be aware it's an issue.

Cheers!
Jeffc

Re: Tiny Text in Unity

Post by Jeffc »

Same issue here.

Here's a screenshot...
https://imgur.com/aUK87Al
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

It should be ok now. (latest Unity)
We fixed the DPI issue.
TessaKimura

Post by TessaKimura »

I think this may be an Issue

As per your thread, Unity may not recognize the windows UI scaling settings which can be the cause for text appear extremely small. This Problem can be easily noticeable on your Dell XPS 9310 laptop Which has resolution of 3480x2400 and a default Windows UI scaling of 300%.

Without knowing information about your system and Unity settings. It's hard to provide a solution. However you can try the troubleshooting steps like Update your graphics drivers, Check your Unity project settings, Adjust Unity's font settings, Try running Unity in compatibility mode, etc.
Jeffc

Post by Jeffc »

Still tiny tiny text here. I tried setting the pegUI -> properties -> High DPI Settings, and the text in the graphs is a bit more readable (layout is better) but the tabs, and control form text is even smaller. And this is with the "large" text option.

I'm on version : 1.9.1825.32

Help!

How can I fix this?
Jeffc

Post by Jeffc »

Btw...I'm using a Beelink u59 w/ win 11.

I connect to it with Remote Desktop.

Since it is Remote Desktop , I can't see the resolution used.

Note: NINA and every other app I use on this windows 11 machine has NO problem displaying text correctly - text is correctly sized in the UI, etc.

Let me know what additional info from windows is needed to troubleshoot / diagnose the issue.

-Jeff
stardust42

Post by stardust42 »

I know this is an old post, but I've been seeing this issue for a while as well, and am not seeing any solutions. Curious if anyone has come up with a way to adjust the display in the RDP session so it's not tiny? It seems that the icons have improved, but it's still not back to 100%.

Thanks
GWARmachine

Post by GWARmachine »

Still tiny font...
Same thing as some other members here- using remote desktop and its just incredibly small.
Thanks!
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

Next upcoming unity release (targeted for 5-10 December) fixes this issue.
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

The issue has been solved with the latest Unity release. Please upgrade to the latest one.