Pegasus Power Box vs. ASIAIR

msamazing

Pegasus Power Box vs. ASIAIR

Post by msamazing »

I am thinking to buy a Pegasus Power Box advanced or Ultimate and already own an ASIAIR Plus. I want to get away from using the ASIAIR so I can use N.I.N.A via a headless pc to control my astro system. Like the power box, the ASIAIR also has 4 ports supplying power. I was thinking I can use the AISIAIR just for the power and ignore the software element of the ASIAIR. What would the advantages be to use the Power Box over the AISIAIR? Aside from the dew heater control and power, is there any other advantages the Power Box will give me when using with a headless PC? I am trying to find a reason to buy it.
bflachsbart

Re: Pegasus Power Box vs. ASIAIR

Post by bflachsbart »

Hi,

I'm not familiar with the features of the ASIAIR, but one of the things I love about my Powerbox Ultimate is that I can switch the power ports on and off individually.

That even works scheduled at a specific time in the Unity Software or by using the ASCOM Switch driver of the PowerBox.
So when I let my scope run at night while I'm sleeping, I set up my sequence to warm up the camera at a specific time and also schedule the power port of the camera in the Power Box to switch off that port 15 minutes afterwards. Same for the power port of the mount after the sequence let it park.

best regards
Bernd