Switching on flats panel causes ZWO camera to hang

Ultimate Powerbox v1 and v2
Davidtaurus83

Switching on flats panel causes ZWO camera to hang

Post by Davidtaurus83 »

A bit of a strange issue but when I power on my Artesky flats panel from the UPB2, it will cause my ASI533MM to hang in NINA. I power the mount (AZEQ6), the ASI533 and a dew strap through the UPB2, nothing else. As i'm currently using a Newtonian i need to take flats every single session (due to chance of mirror shift) and I try to do this before I start imaging. My usual routine is start NINA, connect devices, cool camera, slew to intended target and perform an autofocus to set up the relative position for the flats. Next i start the flats wizard in NINA. Tonight i switched off port 2 (within Unity) and connected the flats panel cable. Tested an exposure in NINA and all was ok with the camera. As soon as I switched on port 2 and tried an exposure again, the camera hangs and wont take an exposure. The fix is to disconnect the camera from within NINA and reconnect. After I do this the camera works again. The issue is after disconnecting, the camera cooler switches off and starts to warm up. I usually have to wait a few minutes while it cools down again. Any ideas? If the ports power supply are independant/sheilded from each other, how is the ASI camera being interfered with this way? Appreciate any help or advice with this. Thanks
TessaKimura

Re: Switching on flats panel causes ZWO camera to hang

Post by TessaKimura »

One potential solution would be to try powering the Artesky flats panel using a separate power source, such as a dedicated power supply or battery, instead of using the UPB2. This would help ensure that the camera is not affected by any power fluctuations caused by the flats panel.

Another possible solution would be to try connecting the camera directly to the computer, bypassing the UPB2 entirely. This would help eliminate any potential power-related issues caused by the UPB2.