Cloud settings?

kasism

Cloud settings?

Post by kasism »

Hello! I think I need some help on how to set up cloud sensor.
I have the latest sw update, my sensor is mounted on the inside rim of a roll-off roof, where it is fully exposed to overhead seeing when the roof is open pointed vertical up. The sensor monitors the ambient and cloud temp, but does not seem to detect anything but overcast clouds. As an example, please see the attachment from the simultaneous info on the Metro sensor and the view from my zenith cam. Is there a way to tune the sensor for visibility of clouds? In the settings, I see a way to decrease the sensitivity but not increase it. Again, I am sure this is user ignorance, so asking for some guidance

Thanks
Keith
Attachments
Sky view.JPG
Sky view.JPG (21.91 KiB) Viewed 38983 times
sensor view.JPG
sensor view.JPG (93.78 KiB) Viewed 38983 times
Eyeheartmono

Re: Cloud settings?

Post by Eyeheartmono »

I seem to be having the same issue, looks like it’s a software issue as the sky temp sensors are very accurate and can detect small temperature differences on the graphs but the cloud % doesn’t change, even holding it indoors sometimes it says like 60% cloud cover. I have the same set of pictures showing 0 clouds with overcast skys.
FA640DEC-8347-4294-9094-66F886895A10.jpeg
FA640DEC-8347-4294-9094-66F886895A10.jpeg (769.13 KiB) Viewed 38965 times
EB5B6EA4-5DC9-452B-A6BD-241AB0BDFB11.jpeg
EB5B6EA4-5DC9-452B-A6BD-241AB0BDFB11.jpeg (677.54 KiB) Viewed 38965 times
Attachments
391A92D6-29EF-4630-A4B6-4FC6C8ED2909.jpeg
391A92D6-29EF-4630-A4B6-4FC6C8ED2909.jpeg (1.55 MiB) Viewed 38965 times
Eyeheartmono

Post by Eyeheartmono »

Hard to believe no one else is having this issue, no reply from Pegasus?
kasism

Post by kasism »

crickets....
but still near holiday times so hope in another few days the festivities will be done and some update on how to do setup will be given!
keith
Andras

Post by Andras »

I have just received the unit as well and having the same issue. Did you find a solution? I also having issues with the humidity readings being way off compared to the Ultimate powerbox and my weather station. So far really disappointing results :(
Eyeheartmono

Post by Eyeheartmono »

Andras wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:12 pm I have just received the unit as well and having the same issue. Did you find a solution? I also having issues with the humidity readings being way off compared to the Ultimate powerbox and my weather station. So far really disappointing results :(
Nothing yet, graphs are very accurate with the cloud sensors, just the cloud percentages doesn't seem to update to show that, its either 0 or 100% for me when I close my roof. Im pretty sure thats a calculated result from the sky temperature. Should just be a software patch.......I hope....
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

A new firmware is ready to be launched allowing you to tune the Cloud % coverage.
The algorithm can be tuned per season and latitude in order to have accurate cloud % readings.
kasism

Post by kasism »

Thats great news thanks!!!
Keith
Eyeheartmono

Post by Eyeheartmono »

Great, also I think there’s a problem with the setting changing the emissivity of the sensor, I tried fooling around with the settings to see if I could get the cloud sensing working but it ended up defaulting to 45 and not it won’t let me change it back to 100, going to try and factory reset tonight to see if that does anything.
Eyeheartmono

Post by Eyeheartmono »

Looks like I solved that issue, was having issues with my USB hub, that’s why the emissivity was not responding.

Any idea when that firmware is going to be released? I don’t see it popping up in the software at start up.
kasism

Post by kasism »

Hey got the new firmware downloaded no problem, but where are the new setting features for the clouds and temp/humidity? I looked in Configuration, but no new settings are seen. Shows I am at Firmware 1.3.

Thanks,
Keith
P4trick

Post by P4trick »

No ideas anyone ?

On my side there is still the same problem: no setting für Cloud adjustmend
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

Please upgrade to the latest Unity. There is a settings tab at Uranus dashboard that allows you to tune /offset each sensor including cloud sensor
peetyg

Post by peetyg »

i have downloaded the new software shows clouds 80 percent when its clear out. Also moved sensor to make it cooler no effect.

I have had nothing but problems since day one.

Also I run this thru Primalucelab eagle 4. Uranus never powers on when I connect thru NINA. I Always have to replug in usb and than it will power on thru NINA.

Been very dispointing

Peter
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

Hi Peter,
If your intention is to enable the device when you plug the USB, then try to unplug the battery. You can open the lid and remove one battery pole /cable.
When the battery is connected you need to press the right button to wake up the device (the device goes to sleep and you cannot wake it up by only plugging the USB cable).

About the cloud sensor. Let me know where you are located and which setting you have in your cloud calibration. A screenshot of all sensor values will help.
Also, make sure that if you have the device piggybacked with your telescope, the sensor beam does not collide with any object. This can give false readouts about clouds.
peetyg

Post by peetyg »

[attachmenJust couple points

I have never had the actual battery in case. I power thru Eagle 4 to Uranus via USB connection. I always have to replug USB TO Uranus to get Eagle to recognize the unit

I have load the latest version of unity software. Even when I reduce cloud sensor to -65. Cloud coverage only drops from 100 percent cloud coverage to 94 percent. I did this test during day when there is little to no clouds. I have also debooted and via software and also by pushing button on hole left on unit.

Below are photos of sensors ect.

Last will you be possible bringing back large icons as current format even under large format is difficult to read.
36641E5B-81FA-46E7-9F0C-2DFC3A5434B1.jpeg
36641E5B-81FA-46E7-9F0C-2DFC3A5434B1.jpeg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 38396 times
peetyg

Post by peetyg »

Evans please respond