Problem using Quad Output

drakula

Problem using Quad Output

Post by drakula »

Hi everyone !
I Have a big annoying problem with the pocket powerbox Advanced v1 !
When I activate the Quad Output with any software able to manage it (Unity, the old piece of software, either NINA) It makes the ppba to reboot !
The setup plugged in the ppba is the following :
- SkyWatcher AZ-EQ6 on 12V line and an USB line connected
- SVBONY SV305 on an USB Line
- QHYCCD 533MM and filter wheel plugged onto on 12V line and the USB rightly plugged in an USB line of the mini PC
- A minisforum GK41 plugged in the AdjOut configured to give 12V (the GK41 never exceed 2.4A)

I have Another camera that is an Altaïr HYPERCAM 269c PROTEC and I doesn't encounter this issue.

I doesn't have any reboot issue if I configure the ppba to have ALL outputs ON on startup, but when I Cycle the quad ouput switch in the softwares, I have a full ppba reboot again !

Does Somebody already experienced this problem ?
I have tested this configuration on another ppba v2 and there also the same problem !
I have verified, verified and reverified and verified again all the setup, I'm sure to not have interverted the adjout en the line In !
I proceed also to test the quad output without any connexion and I doesn't had any problem.
It's seems thet is the QHYCDD+filter wheel that occurs a current drop to important at startup, but if it was a pure hardware problem, the ppba should never boot and not only after a software action ?
drakula

Re: Problem using Quad Output

Post by drakula »

After some further investigation, I realised that it is not the ppba that reboots as I have 10 days of uptime displayed in Unity, but only the PC that reboots as soon as I turn the Quad ON!
The PC being connected to the AdjOut port in 12V mode, can activating the Quad Output induce a current or voltage drop on the ADJ OUT output that would make the PC reboot?
Concerning the cabling and the section of the wires, I only use PegasusAstro certified cables.