Rotator won't connect after USB hub upgrade

Questions and feedback about the rotator itself, adapters, de-rotation etc
cschreiner

Rotator won't connect after USB hub upgrade

Post by cschreiner »

Hello. I've only had my rotator for about a month and it worked beautifully right out of the box connected through a powered StarTech 4USB Hub to my laptop. I used the Falcon and ASCOM drivers and was able to successfully connect it through Sequence Generator Pro for testing. While the weather here in Oregon was nasty I decided to switch over to a miniPC and a 7 USB Hub and got everything successfully transferred over, except the Falcon. Nothing shows up in device manager when I plug it in the USB. The falcon software gives an error "failed to connect to device". I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and tried different USB cables and power supplies all with the same result. I've tried connecting the power first, and then USB and vice versa. I even connected it directly to the mini PC to eliminate a USB hub issue and even went back to the laptop where it was working before - all with the same result "Failed to connect". I even tried the Unity software and it just searches for device.... Am I missing something? I haven't even had it outside once. It's acting like it's bricked;( Is there a way to reset it, or do I just need to send it back? Any advice is appreciated!
Carl

I have no idea whether this is helpful, but this is what I get when I run ASCOM diagnostics and select Falcon Rotator:

Create Creating device
Connected Connecting to device
Error ASCOM.NotConnectedException: Communication error. Make sure that software is connected to rotator.
at ASCOM.Falcon.Rotator.CommandString(String command, Boolean raw)
at ASCOM.Falcon.Rotator.set_Connected(Boolean value)
at CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object , Boolean )
at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute2[T0,T1,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1)
at ASCOM.DriverConnect.ConnectForm.btnConnect_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverConnect\ConnectForm.cs:line 268
Dispose Disposing of device
Dispose Completed disposal
ReleaseComObject Releasing COM instance
GC Collect Starting garbage collection
GC Collect Completed garbage collection
Pav1007

Re: Rotator won't connect after USB hub upgrade

Post by Pav1007 »

Hello, I have the same problem. Except i can connect to rotator when I plug out and plug in rotator to hub (just take out a plug and put back in). Unfortunately, right now i have remote control of the setup and I cannot do that.
How to connect properly?

I have this error in ASCOM diagnostics:
Create Creating device
Connected Connecting to device
Error ASCOM.NotConnectedException: Communication error. Make sure that software is connected to rotator.
w ASCOM.Falcon.Rotator.CommandString(String command, Boolean raw)
w ASCOM.Falcon.Rotator.set_Connected(Boolean value)
w CallSite.Target(Closure , CallSite , Object , Boolean )
w System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute2[T0,T1,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1)
w ASCOM.DriverConnect.ConnectForm.btnConnect_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) w C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverConnect\ConnectForm.cs:wiersz 265
Dispose Disposing of device
Dispose Completed disposal
ReleaseComObject Releasing COM instance
GC Collect Starting garbage collection
GC Collect Completed garbage collection

Can anybody (preferreed Pegasus Astro) - answer this topic?