NYX-101 and EKOS/IndiLib

Harmonic Geared Mount
kodo65

NYX-101 and EKOS/IndiLib

Post by kodo65 »

Hi!

Quick Q: can anybody confirm that the mount works with Astroberry (EKOS/IndiLib)? If not, what issues have you experienced?

Many thanks!
Jockey

Re: NYX-101 and EKOS/IndiLib

Post by Jockey »

Hi,

I have tried setting up StellarMate on RPi 4, 4GB. I bought these to control this mount.
Generally OK, but I did have three issues. I am inexperienced in StellarMate / INDI / ekos, so could easily be just that. I was using VNC from a windows Laptop as my terminal, all that worked fine.

1. Initially could only connect at 115,200 baud. Unspecified failure to connect otherwise.
2. Initially OK but then Park / Unpark controls were greyed out in the Telescope module and wouldn't work.
3. Consistently got a Failed to set UTC Offset Error.

I think problem 1 was solved by an update and 2 & 3 were created in the same update.

I tried NINA on a Windows 10 Surface Go to see what happened and maybe discover some clues. That all worked so well I may just stay using it. At least until some bad weather.
The Mount itself has been no problems at all.

That's where I am today.
Cheers
kodo65

Post by kodo65 »

Hi!

Thanks for your reply! Sorry to hear that you've had some issues with Stellarmate. I haven't tried that bundle myself as I like to tinker with my gear myself :) Running Astroberry on a RPi 4B without glitches. It's a wonderful piece of open source software - not without its quirks, I give you that, but overall works extremely well. I haven't "bothered" with the Unity stuff yet but I guess it's based on ASCOM which is similar to IndiLib in the sense that they're both acting as interfaces to the underlying hard-/software components. If Unity works it means Pegasus' ASCOM integration is OK. I hope that the same goes for IndiLib.

It would be great to hear from anybody who has been able to use the NYX with EKOS/IndiLib and say that all/most of the modules in there works as advertised...

Wishing you loads of fun with your NYX :)

Cheers
Jockey

Post by Jockey »

Thanks for the update and the wishes.

I will have a go with the Astroberry distribution one day. I haven't given up with StellarMate, but I want to spend my time on imaging at the moment :D
The Nyx 101 is very well designed.

Cheers
Tim