Humidity reading vs. UPB and GPS issue in Unity Software

bflachsbart

Humidity reading vs. UPB and GPS issue in Unity Software

Post by bflachsbart »

Hello,

I've just receicved my Uranus Meteo Sensor, I'm very excited and happy that it has finally been launched after waiting nearly two years after the first product announcement.

I managed to check it out last night and it worked fine, but I've a couple of issues or questions:

Somenone already posted this question, but since I have the Ultimate PB v2 I would of course also like to use the Uranus Meteo Sensor for the temp an dew point measurement in the UPB. Are there any plans to support this? It was originally supposed to work according to the first product announcements.

Last night I noticed quite a huge difference between the ambient measurement of the Uranus Meteo Sensor and the UPB Sensor:
While the temperature reading was pretty close within 2°C, the rel. humidity reading had a rather huge diffence between 15 and 20 %, which of course also affected the calcuated dew point. Both sensor were placed close to each other outside.
So I wonder which sensor reading should I trust? I suppose the Uranus sensor is more precse, is that true ?

One issue I'm having within the Uniy Software is, that the GPS location is not shown or known and thus also the dusk and dawn times ar missing.
On the map in a small status pane it claims having discovered 0 satellites, but on the Uranus Meteo Sensor itself it displays the GPS location and has a satellite lock nonetheless.
Am I doing someting wrong here or is this a known issue with the Unity Software ?

Thanks in advance!

best regards
Bernd
bflachsbart

Re: Humidity reading vs. UPB and GPS issue in Unity Software

Post by bflachsbart »

Hello,

Somehow my GPS Issue is fixed, the location is now correctly shown in the Unity Software.
Maybe it was solved by the Unity Update, which was released last week, I don't know.

But I still notice the huge differnce in humidity values, Uranus show about 20% less rel. humidity than the UPB sensor.

best regards
Bernd
galacticsurfer

Post by galacticsurfer »

I'm also interested in UPBv2 being able to use Uranus dew point data.

Thanks,
Phil
Andras

Post by Andras »

bflachsbart wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:40 pm Hello,

Somehow my GPS Issue is fixed, the location is now correctly shown in the Unity Software.
Maybe it was solved by the Unity Update, which was released last week, I don't know.

But I still notice the huge differnce in humidity values, Uranus show about 20% less rel. humidity than the UPB sensor.

best regards
Bernd
I am having the same problem with the humidity sensor, did you find any solution?
bflachsbart

Post by bflachsbart »

Andras wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:19 pm I am having the same problem with the humidity sensor, did you find any solution?
Hi Andreas,

No, sadly not.

I'm still experiencing huge differnces between the readings, not only for the humidity but sometimes also for the temperature.
Last night the Uranus meto sensor measured +4°C while the PB sensor measured below zero, e.g. -3°C.
I think that the Uranus meto sensor perhaps needs longer to cool down due to its aluminium case when setting up and coming from the warm living room.
But after a few hours or so outside, I guess it should have adapted to the ambient temperature.
With that difference in temperature last night, the PB sensor measured about 90% rel. humidity while the Uranus measured about 66%.

I really don't know wihch vaues to trust.
I suppose or hope the Uranus Meteo Sensor has the more precise readings just because this device and the sensor are probably more sophisticated.
But I'm not sure, the differences between the readings are sometimes really huge, like last night...

I think I will need to check it out with another independent thermometer and hygrometer to see which of the Pegasus Astro readings is closer.

best reagrds
Bernd
kasism

Post by kasism »

In my case, the Metro sensor is way off. I have a UPB+sensor, a Tempest weather station, and a Davis weather station all within 30' of each other. These are all within a degree or two (F) of each other. The humidity is also quite close (the Davis station is 20' up, so some differences happen). But the Metro sensor is often +10 F (always higher) different, and humidity is 20% higher.

I still cannot get reliable cloud data. My post on clouds is still getting crickets for replies....

For now I use the UPB+sensor and ignore the Metro. Hoping a sw update will come to allow calibration.