Can’t connect to home WiFi

Harmonic Geared Mount
PepeLombris

Can’t connect to home WiFi

Post by PepeLombris »

Hi!

I am trying to connect my NYX101 to my home wifi. I have the mount connected to my remote controlled miniPC via the provided USB cable. Using the latest Unity on windows 11 I can search and find my three Wi-Fi access points (I am using a Fritz mesh with two repeaters). However, when I plug in the password on any of the points unity returns to the original settings, i.e. under Wifi Network tab: Connected to: Not connected. It does not return any error message. Rebooting the mount does not change anything.

My FRITZ!box is somewhat older and supports 2,4 GHz only. The two other access points support both 2,4 GHz and 5 GHz.

Any ideas?

Thank you for any help!!

Best regards
Stephan
carles

Re: Can’t connect to home WiFi

Post by carles »

I don't know why.. it works fine for me, but I use windows 10 :(

you are sure about the password for your wifi introduced on the Unity ? it should work :(

Nyx operates only on 2.4Ghz, so it should be fine.
tdaiber

Post by tdaiber »

Have you checked the log on your Fritz Box? For me it worked fine under Win 11, although I did not control that computer remotely. My newer Fritz Box runs both 2.5 and 5 but it worked anyway.

Torsten
PepeLombris

Post by PepeLombris »

Hi!

Thank you for your comments! It seems that unity has an issue with SSIDs that have spaces or other characters. I created a guest network without spaces and it worked.

Clear skies
Stephan
carles

Post by carles »

Yeah, I am having a similar issue with one of the networks around my place, it has ; and recent Unity versions have trouble with that it seems.. because I had no issue before
So now, because of that network with ; , Unity doesn't detect any network at all :( hope they fix this,