Some Problems I've had, AltAz seems to inccorrect.

Harmonic Geared Mount
Starlancer

Some Problems I've had, AltAz seems to inccorrect.

Post by Starlancer »

I received my mount Saturday, Yay!

A few things I've noted

1. When slewing across the meridian the scope will basically slew to the home position, pause and then cross the meridian and move on to the commanded target. It works and ends up in the correct location but haven't seen a mount do this before, usually they just slew to the commanded location.

2. I can not seem to get AltAz to work correctly, it may be my fault but the instructions are vague on switch modes. I set the mount to 90 degrees and slew to th scope on the east side pointing at the horizon north then I switch modes in unity and reboot. I assume I have to set a new home location (the east, north horizon location) but everything seems to be off 180 degrees. Is this the correct procedure?

I've also had unity crash when trying to switch modes.

3. Did the latest firmware fix the ASIair bug? I can connect via WiFi with ip address but the WiFi seems to drop after a few minutes and can no longer control the mount. It does not work at all with USB.

4. The altitude adjustment seems gritty and rough is this OK? It just feels like metal on metal grinding.

Of course it's cloudy so I havent had it outside but just trying things inside.