Power Cable TO the UPW v2 not Included - Need Help

Ultimate Powerbox v1 and v2
JKASTRO

Power Cable TO the UPW v2 not Included - Need Help

Post by JKASTRO »

Purchase the v2 UPB and received today. Very disappointed to find out that the unit does not come with a power cable to provide power TO the unit. Seriously? I don't understand that at all.
And now no U.S. distributor even has any such cables. And the only ones, if they were available, use a cigarette lighter adapter. I would like to use Anderson Power Poles. I could cut off the cig. adapter and attach power poles, but I would image there are many people that would just want plain leads.

So to the forum here (and if PegasusAstro is listening)..., what do you propose as a solution? Or should I just return this.

And yes, now that I look at your web page, it doesn't include that. But frankly, I missed that as I could never imagine a basic essential element would not be included.

Does anyone know what the connector type is for this unit so perhaps I can make my own? The unit is inoperative with out this basic cable.

Many thanks.
JKASTRO

Re: Power Cable TO the UPW v2 not Included - Need Help

Post by JKASTRO »

I see that it is an XT60 connector (Female) according to their website. ...if anyone reading this needs help on this issue.
I found these on Amazon with 12 AWG wires, so I purchased a few. About 12 U.S.D. for 4 sets.

To PegasusAstro, I think you should consider putting at least one of these in the box for people. It will save a lot of confusion and frustration.
pleiades

Re: Power Cable TO the UPW v2 not Included - Need Help

Post by pleiades »

JKASTRO wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:00 pm I see that it is an XT60 connector (Female) according to their website. ...if anyone reading this needs help on this issue.
I found these on Amazon with 12 AWG wires, so I purchased a few. About 12 U.S.D. for 4 sets.
Just checked their web site... the Cigarette Lighter Adapter to XT60 cable (SKU: CIGLIGHT-ADAPTERXT60) seems optional NOW. I purchased three of these (UPBv2) and each came with the power cable.

According to their Quick Installation Guide https://pegasusastro.com//wp-content/up ... _guide.pdf , the cable should be provided.

Yves
Attachments
XT60-cable.jpg
XT60-cable.jpg (54.7 KiB) Viewed 1213 times