Falcon Rotator with Unity version 1.6.1062.39

Feature requests / 3rd party software development
Rextiles

Falcon Rotator with Unity version 1.6.1062.39

Post by Rextiles »

Tonight I updated Unity to version 1.6.1062.39 and now my Falcon Rotator will not work in Unity. Unity does seem to detect it but says it is an Unresponsive Device and then gives me a message saying to contact support when I try to click on it.Image

The Falcon was operating normally with the older version prior to this update. When I did get this unresponsive message from Unity I tried troubleshooting by: rebooting my laptop, restarting Unity (several times), plugging and replugging my USB cables, changing my USB cables, changing the USB cables to different USB ports on my UPBv2; nothing worked.

Unfortunately, I do not recall the previous version of Unity I was running which seemed to work fine with the Falcon. Also, unfortunately, I didn't save the download for the older version so that I could reinstall it and see if it still worked. However, I did manage to find the original Falcon Rotator stand-alone program, version 1.8, which I installed and ran and that was able to get my Falcon back into operation. So I know there's nothing wrong with the hardware/cabling of my Falcon as it worked with the previous version of Unity and it's working with the Falcon Rotator v1.8 app as well, it's just not working with this latest version of Unity.
Attachments
Pegasus Rotator Error.jpg
Pegasus Rotator Error.jpg (120.73 KiB) Viewed 1053 times
Evans
Site Admin

Re: Falcon Rotator with Unity version 1.6.1062.39

Post by Evans »

You didn't plug the power to the falcon rotator.
Try to plug power and then open Unity as it tries to discover the device without power and fails.
Rextiles

Post by Rextiles »

Incorrect, the power was plugged into the Falcon, always has been. Like I said, it worked fine with the older version of Unity but when I updated it stopped working. The cabling was never changed. And when I reinstalled the old stand-alone version of the Falcon Rotator app it also worked plugged in exactly as it always has been. So no, your assertion that it wasn't plugged in to the power is 100% wrong.

On a side note, it would be really helpful if Pegasus Astro kept a repository of all the different versions of Unity to download and use or at least rename the setup files to reflect what version that is being downloade so that us end-users can keep our different versions and be able to reinstall an older version should the new update not work.
Aloan

Post by Aloan »

Hi,

I experienced the identical issue with unity software last night. Both my focus motor, (focus cube v2) and my hub, (Power box advance) would connect. However the Falcon Rotator would not. I went through the same exercise of examining / replacing USB feeds, checking voltages etc.

At one point the Unity program would not launch at all which required a reloading of the software, note that this was slow process as the Pegasus web-site appeared to be experiencing issues. A frustrating process for sure. Oddly, the standalone Falcon software would connect.

I'm not sure as to the next step, my version of unity is Release Version : 1.6.1202.43, is this the most current version.

Pegasus folks, should we be using the individual standalone software for each device until the Unity software demons are fixed?

Thanks in advance,
SW Esprit 120ED SUPER PRO, 0.77 flattener / Reducer; f5.4, @ 840mm
Williams Optic 60 guide scope / ASI290MM-Mini
ASI294MC- Pro, Pegasus Focus cube V2, ZWO 2" filter wheel
EQ6-R Pro, ADM Saddle, Pegasus UPB and Falcon Rotator