Flat panel and the Nina Flat Panel Wizard, Dynamic Brightness

FlatMaster 120 / 150 / 250
ricklkiwi

Flat panel and the Nina Flat Panel Wizard, Dynamic Brightness

Post by ricklkiwi »

I have seen a change recently in the way the Flat Panel works with the Flat Panel Wizard in Nina.

I have values set for the brightness level of the flat panel that worked for a long while.

Brightness levels of 20 for a 1.5 s exposure.

Now the Wizard tells me that the brightness is too high at level 2.

Has there been a change that I have missed?

Is anyone else having this same issue?

Thank you for your help.

Rick
JonnyMegaPower

Re: Flat panel and the Nina Flat Panel Wizard, Dynamic Brightness

Post by JonnyMegaPower »

Yes, I am having issue too. I used to love my Flatmaster and using it with the dynamic brightness in NINA. It really speed up my dark flats and light Flats process but now it is no better than a tracing panel that cost 80 percent less then the Pegusus product. Makes you think twice before you go out and buy another Pegasus product.

I notice that it was messed up with an update maybe with NINA or Astro Pegus Unity program. Never seem to have this problem with my OPTEC and Gemini 2 Equpment. Seriously their ASCOM drivers and firmware are as old as dirt and never have a problem what gives? It just a flat panel and if you're going to use the NINA logo on your Flatmaster 150 webpage (https://pegasusastro.com/products/flatmaster-150/) you should probably make sure it works in NINA when you're pushing out updates.
rimcrazy

Re: Flat panel and the Nina Flat Panel Wizard, Dynamic Brightness

Post by rimcrazy »

It is a shame nobody has responded to this. I have the latest version of NINA and Unity and have found that the combination of NINA/Flatmaster to be worthless. I've gone back to making all my flats in Sharpcap. You connect it to the NINA and TRY to use the Flat Wizard. It is simply an exercise in frustration. Does not matter if you fix the intensity and then ask to make adjustment to exposure or vice versa. I can use Sharpcap and the issue may be all NINA's fault but the bottom line is it simply does not work.

BTW, on my large C14 I use a Spike-a-Flat and it works perfect with the Flat Wizard plugin so I'm somewhat skeptical that the issue is entirely related to NINA and not the Flatmaster driver