Problems with Unity and multiple devices

Feature requests / 3rd party software development
feuniks

Problems with Unity and multiple devices

Post by feuniks »

I have an Ultimate Powerbox, a Falcon Rotator and a Prodogy Microfocus. Now I have bought the Uranus Meteo sensor. The Powerbox and the Uranus do not play nicely in Unity. If either one of them is connected all is well and I can use the device in Unity. If both are connected, only one shows up and Unity sees it as an unresposive device. It tells me that the programm detects the device, but cannot communicate with it. Pluggin in one device, starting Unity and plugging in the other one after Unity is started results in the same error. It also doesn;t matter if the Uranus is connected to the laptop or through one of the USB ports on the Powerbox. The Powerbox remains usable when I select the ASCOM driver in NINA.
I am using version 1.6.1062.39 of the Unity platform. At the time of writing, this is the latest according to the check updates button. Can you help me with this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Angelo
Evans
Site Admin

Re: Problems with Unity and multiple devices

Post by Evans »

Hi Angelo,
We do not have issues with device discovery with Unity. All devices are discovered and used simultaneously from Unity UI or ASCOM.
Maybe the problem exists in USB communication and this can easily ring a bell to your reported issue.