Field Shift by

Questions and feedback about the rotator itself, adapters, de-rotation etc
MunichAtNight

Field Shift by

Post by MunichAtNight »

Hello Pegasus!

It is somehow pitty that I didn't 't get any feedback on my earlier questions. But I try it again and ask for help please.

I work with a Skywatcher AZEQ5 mount in ALTAZ mode, Skywatcher 200PDS, ASI294MC. When using the rotator and select "De-Rrotate Field" I get in my images a sort of field shift.

Here again a photo.
M13_ALL-1500-mini_Stack_724frames_2896s_WithDisplayStretch.jpg
M13_ALL-1500-mini_Stack_724frames_2896s_WithDisplayStretch.jpg (84.54 KiB) Viewed 3603 times

Any Idea?
What I am doing wrong?
What can I do to improve and avoid this image shift?

What is somehow confusing for me, is that it is possible to change by a click in your software the sense of roatation. I couldn't find out what is for the very beginning the right selection? Clock-wise? Or counter clock-wise? May cause a possible wrong pre-selection of rotation sense this field shift?

I apreciate very much your support. Please help!

Ewald
Evans
Site Admin

Re: Field Shift by

Post by Evans »

Apologies for the delay to reply,
This happens probably due to guiding issues.
Do you guide also? You might de-rotate the field but guiding and eliminating the mount's periodic error is also required
Regards,
Evans
MunichAtNight

Re: Field Shift by

Post by MunichAtNight »

Hi Evans,

No I am not guiding! I think,too this might help. But as EAA user I want to keep it simple. I don't do astro photography! Nevertheless I investigated that your rotator in derotate modus does me allow to go up to exposure time of 32s on my AltAz mode mount where I could normally do only 4 s or 8s maximum. The FWHM values decrease from 5.x to 3.x when activating Derotate modus. I am still not sure, if this is real true and it needs more investigation.

Ewald