Connecting Falcon rotator to NINA via Unity Platform

Questions and feedback about the rotator itself, adapters, de-rotation etc
claudioarchi

Connecting Falcon rotator to NINA via Unity Platform

Post by claudioarchi »

Hi,
I use NINA for all my AP activities and I'm testing the PA Unity Platform. I'm running the latest build on both NINA and Pegasus Astro Unity Platform. When NINA tries to connect to the falcon rotator while it's connected to the Unity Platform, NINA will not recognize the connection and opens the flacon rotator app. If I use only the app and do not connect the rotator to the unity platform. NINA recognizes the connection and everything works fine. What should I do to use only PA Unity Platform and still connect my flacon rotator to the NINA? Is this a known issue?

*** All my gear is connected to a PA Ultimate PowerBox v2 including the falcon rotator ****

Thanks in advance
Evans
Site Admin

Re: Connecting Falcon rotator to NINA via Unity Platform

Post by Evans »

Hello,
You are right. There is an issue with older ASCOM driver for Falcon. We'll get this fixed very soon.
A new ASCOM driver for falcon is going to support Unity
claudioarchi

Post by claudioarchi »

Great News. I'll be expecting the new ASCOM driver.

Thank you
niccoc1603

Post by niccoc1603 »

Hi, I am using NINA 2.0 with latest Unity and Falcon rotator (1.5.35.4). When I turn on my PC the first time I connect the Falcon to NINA I need to go into driver options, open the Unity interface and click on the falcon driver. Only after I select the falcon in the Unity dialog then it connects to NINA. Once I have done this operation Falcon connects flawlessy until I reboot my PC and I have to go through the same step above.

I am under the impression that when you have done the selection once the configuration is saved, but apparently it's not how it is working in my case since I have to select the falcon unit from the Unity dialog every time I reboot my PC
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

I tried to replicate it but this does not happen in our tests. The unity stored the device id and you only have to click connect to ASCOM driver.
Regards,
Evans
niccoc1603

Post by niccoc1603 »

Hi, yes that what I would expect but it’s not my case. Actually I have tested it again and it looks like the error appears at the first connection attempt, the second or third try it connects. It appears like something that fixes itself, maybe a race condition somewhere.