Having USB connection issues with Pegasus Focus Cube ver2

DiligentSkies

Having USB connection issues with Pegasus Focus Cube ver2

Post by DiligentSkies »

Hello,

I am having connection issues with my Pegasus Focus Cube ver2 connected through either of the Pegasus Power Box Advance ver2 USB 2 hub ports.

When I launch the Power Box Advanced ver2 stand along application.

I am able to connect to the Pegasus Power Box Advance device.
"However when I launch the stand alone Focus Cube ver2 application and attempt to connect to the Pegasus Focus Cube ver2 through the Focus Cube ver2 stand alone application."

It is reported that, "The controller can not be found."

To the best of my knowledge the Pegasus Focus Cube ver2 is receiving power through the Pegasus Power Box ver2, "Since the Focus Cube ver2 is reporting a steady state LED."

I have tried both USB 2 ports on the Pegasus Power Box ver2 to no affect.

Currently, my ZWO ASI120 mini guide camera is able to connect in PHD2 without issue on either of these USB 2 ports and is able to loop exposure data without issue.

Sincerely,
Mark
DiligentSkies

Re: Having USB connection issues with Pegasus Focus Cube ver2

Post by DiligentSkies »

I have yet to attempt any USB2/3 port connections to my Sky Watcher EQR-6 mount and my QHY183 mono USB 3.0 imagining camera.

Since my approach has been to incrementally, "To gear up to software/driver stability one USB connectivity issue at time."

In trying to understand my current problems/issues...
I have become very much aware that my QHYCCD183 USB3.0 mono camera may have, "USB 3.0 connectivity issues that fail my expectations for cable management solutions for the Pegasus Power Box ver2."
I am crossing my fingers that this is not the case once, "The connectivity issue in regards to the Pegasus Focus Cube ver2 is resolved."

Sincerely,
Mark
DiligentSkies

Re: Having USB connection issues with Pegasus Focus Cube ver2

Post by DiligentSkies »

I have since resolved the issue. Not sure what was the underling issue.
I just directly connected the Focus Cube to my laptop's USB to make sure the Focus Cube was working.
I could then connect the device and test the connection.
When I next connected the Focus Cube through the Power Box's USB hub. Everything worked just fine.
Up next my mount and then imagining camera.