ASI 120mm Mini not recognized

astrocabin

ASI 120mm Mini not recognized

Post by astrocabin »

First of all, the PPA is really a great device. I just love it. :)

But I came across some issue. I use it with an astroberry server (newest version) installed on a RPi4 which worked perfectly fine with my setup:

Skywatcher HEQ5-Pro (connected via Com-to-USB adapter)
ASI2600MC Pro
ASI120mm Mini

It all worked fine until I connected the PPA. Suddenly the ASI120mm wasn't recognized any more. I know that USB2 cameras might have problems with USB3 ports but it wasn't working on any USB-Port. Neither on the PPA nor on the RPi. Later when I tried to reproduce the bug, it worked perfectly fine again. Same setup but with a telescope simulator instead of the real mount. Back outside with the mount connected -> same problem.

After that I tried a different cam as a guiding cam, the ASI224mc (USB3), and it worked.

Also I had some issue connecting the PPA the first time. I got no connection on the USB-port (driver-layer). Needed to stop the INDI-Server and start again, then it worked. On my MacBook Pro I couldn't get any connection to the PPA due to that error.

Anybody experienced similar problems?
astrocabin

Re: ASI 120mm Mini not recognized

Post by astrocabin »

This is the error I get when I try to connect to the PPBA with my Mac.

Here the ASI120mm from is connected even though it's connected via the PPBA which is not working correctly. Anyone any ideas?
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-21 um 08.44.29.png
Bildschirmfoto 2021-01-21 um 08.44.29.png (755.58 KiB) Viewed 2023 times