PPBA will not power the Adj Out port

ecliptico

PPBA will not power the Adj Out port

Post by ecliptico »

Greetings,
Sadly, I have to say that I am having one specific issue with my PPBA. So far, everything works fine except for the Adj Out port. I received my unit a few weeks ago and had no problem so far, except last night when I was trying to power my Canon DSLR. I have set the port ON and at 8v. I also set All Outputs ON in the config tab but it was not receiving power. I have attached an image of my settings.
I am using a 110/220 AC to 12v 10amp DC output. I have also tried to power other gear in my rig such as the focuser by switching the AdjOut port to 12v but no power supply either. I have also tried to use a field battery providing 13,5v but nothing. Everything else works flawlessly but for some reason, the AdjOut is not. There is no warning on the software on my windows laptop and neither on my Raspberry pi.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Guy
pegasus.jpg
pegasus.jpg (107.42 KiB) Viewed 2974 times
splattoon

Re: PPBA will not power the Adj Out port

Post by splattoon »

had the same problem , I then looked at my camera display screen and it said cant talk to battery , do you want to continue with this battery , YES , then it worked !

i am using a Canon 5dmk3
ecliptico

Post by ecliptico »

splattoon wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:04 am had the same problem , I then looked at my camera display screen and it said cant talk to battery , do you want to continue with this battery , YES , then it worked !

i am using a Canon 5dmk3
Thanks and glad it worked for you. Unfortunately, I am not getting any power regardless of the device. I tried 8v and 12v devices using the AdjOut port to the proper voltage and no luck.
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

There is a high possibility to accidentally plugged the input cable into the Adjustable output. (and operated the device under this configuration)
This configutation can cause a severe damage to the voltage regulator. Please reach us in support email for
further troubleshooting.
rascolnicov

Post by rascolnicov »

I am experiencing the same problem.
Barely started using the device, brand new. There doesn't appear to be any voltage on the Adj Out port as measured by a multimeter.
(the other 4 ports show 13V).